Saturday 3 July 2010

Soap.....

Just for fun, I thought I would have a go at making soap.

I love handmade soap and am completely into the idea of having my own specially made for the family.  My son, Jonny, has really sensitive skin and I thought this might be a way of getting something that wouldn't irritate his skin, but would smell divine and make him feel special.

Admittedly the first attempt didn't quite go to plan, I used a mixture of soya oil, vegetable fat and sunflower oil combined with essential lavender oil and French lavender.  This in itself was fine, smells divine and looks not too bad - but it took an absolute age to trace (I have later discovered that if using all vegetable based fats this is the norm).  After about a week - it was solid enough to remove from the mould and slice.  I have to say, it's very scrummy and useable

I have since bought a proper manual - looks a little addictive!!  I have been so busy the past few weeks that I haven't had chance to make more - but my supply is steadily running out, so watch this space......


No comments: