Saturday 31 July 2010

Peek Into My Week....

Monday saw me put some final touches to my new online shop to replace the one from Mr Site.  I couldn't decide on a header for the website, but with the help from my best friend Jo from Cocolove, who is a very talented stylist - we came up with a lace design. Received three orders today:-

A bridesmaid pendant,  a bespoke necklace and a freshwater disc pearl bracelet......not bad considering my website isn't up and running yet!  All of these orders are from repeat customers.

Freshwater Pearl and Crystal Bracelet

My FINDS article for UK Handmade on Lace was published today, lovely to see it in print.

Took most of the afternoon off to see a friend, ate lots of nuts and had a good old chin wag.  Alfie our Jack Russell was due to have his second jags, so we took him to the vets.  Desperate to walk him as he has so much energy to burn off!  Only another week to wait. 

Tuesday my website went live!  Now the hard work starts behind the scenes....
Made a small batch of jewellery pouches, as always running out.  Made up some of the orders.  Took some photographs of products to realise the lighting wasn't right.  A funny sort of day as amongst all this I was trying to keep Jonny amused and the dog out of mischief!
Made flapjack with dark chocolate buttons running through the middle, yummy!

Wednesday saw my interview with Pete from Bodrighy Wood published on the UK Handmade Blog. Spent the afternoon chasing payments and making up orders, including a stunning bespoke necklace made with onyx and pearls.

Thursday I spent the afternoon at Mill Garden Centre.  I work freelance for the Mill, photographing plants and flowers, updating their website and producing a monthly newsletter - amongst many things.  It's such a tranquil place to work and a hive of creativity - I love it.
  

Friday saw me delivering a selection of bobby pins, jewellery and bunting to a stockist in South Queensferry.  Couldn't help treating myself to a well deserved lunch with a friend at Orocco Pier, overlooking the Forth Road Rail Bridge.  Worked on some new stock and ideas, before heading out to the Howden Centre at Livingston to watch Mia perform her end of week play.  Came home a very proud mother.  Rounded the evening off by watching back episodes of Being Eyrka, in bed with Mia and Alfie, our Jack Russell Terrier.  Perfect.

My luncheon view...

1 comment:

Angela Smith said...

What a wonderfully busy and productive week you have had!
Beautiful jewellery as always