Friday 2 April 2010

Shortlisted.....

I recently entered a competition  for Best Product Photos with Makers Online .  Picking an image is always hard, but I chose to submit this Three Stranded Freshwater Pearl Bracelet.  I was really excited to learn that I had been shortlisted to 27!  The standard was extremely high, so it was real honor for me. 

Here is my entry and description of shot:-

I love using natural light and wanted to create a slight reflection in the image, whilst capturing a suggestion of the natural environment in the background. I usuallly take advantage of the midday light, using my tripod and my little Canon Powershot A420 camera, the bracelet is placed on a sheet of glossy acrylic (which is balanced on a small stool to create height) by the window. I make sure that a have a close up setting, no flash and a little extra exposure and click away......

Congratulations to winner Chloe Livingstone, see her winning entry and the other shortlisted designers images here

No comments: