Saturday 10 April 2010

Getting Personal With Lynn Wilkins of Wee Treasures

Based in Scotland, Wee Treasures produces handmade jewellery wraps, mini wraps, boudoir bags and scented sachets....




Tell me what inspires you.....
I love the simplest things in life, sunsets, beaches, our crazy weather systems and the view around my house in the Bathgate hills.  I also get ideas from magazine photos, the little details that get forgotten...beading on a neckline, a drop of rain on a plant, natural fabrics like linen and the texture of calico and silk.


How did you get started?
I was fast approaching 50 and thought - I need to do this now! That's when "wee treasures" was born!  I have always been passionate about fabric and stitching and been a hoarder of buttons and beads since I rummaged in my grannys button box as a child.




Whose work do you admire?
I love the painter Joan Miro and Matisse who was way ahead of his time.  Having watched the DVD "Coco Before Chanel" - Chanel has to be on my list.  I love Laura and Linda Kemshall's work - their quilts are comtemporary and beautiful.  Oh and Mimi Pearl of course!


Describe your typicial working day?
I go to my job as administrator until 1.30pm and then its home for a quick cuppa and check my emails and online orders.  I usually start sewing after 6.00pm and can work until midnight occasionally - try to wind up about 11.00pm if I've had a busy day!


What is on your wish list?
Good health for my family, friends and myself, then the wee luxuries in life....a spa visit, floatarium session, a whole days uninterupted sewing with friends (doesn't happen very often!), red wine, chocolate and a sunny day in the garden with a good book.

Do you have any favourite blogs?
Don't really read many blogs - too busy - enjoy Mimi Pearls!

When work is done, how do you relax?
My i-pod, I would love to say my piano (but it's gone to another home....there will be another one along soon!) my stitching and "wee treasures" which I count as relaxtion, admiring other designers work on the internet, a good film and thinking about my next project.



To see more of Lynns work go to Wee Treasures.
Wee Treasures will be attending the Eco Crafts Market at  Loretto Gallery, Musselburgh, Scotland from 23-25 April 2010.  For more details see Eco Crafts Market.

No comments: