Sunday 25 March 2012

Top Two......Sorbetto versus Vintage


Two of my most recent additions to my non colourful wardrobe (tends to consist of black, grey, cream, denim) - a total colour fobe when it comes to clothes.

Here the Sorbetto top by Colette Patterns makes an appearance in slate grey poly cotton.  Again for this version, I inverted the pleat and finished with matching hand made bias binding on the armholes, neckline and hemline to create a lovely finished edge.  At £3.99 a metre this versatile little number cost me aprox £7.00 to make and a couple of hours from start to finish. 



And I couldn't resist this sparkly number (admittedly I have removed the shoulder pads!) that I picked up at Judys Vintage Fair last week for a mere £18.  I adore the detail on the sleeve and hemline - I think it will lend itself to be worn with skinnies and heels or would look elegant teamed with a pencil skirt and nipped in at the waist with a skinny belt.



xox

No comments: