Sunday 28 March 2010

Home: Leggy Peggy

If you know me, you'll know I love a bit of vintage, charity shop chic and junk shop finds. Something that has a  story, a little kooky, upside down or back to front.  It's a running joke that I can't pass up a charity shop.


Don't get me wrong, over the years I have bought wonderful pieces like my Edwardian dresser, my oak kitchen table, period wardrobes and vintage blackboards, but I have also hoarded lots of cheap and cheerful finds.


I found the legs (Leggy Peggy as we call her) on a holiday to Cornwall, David lovingly carried her back to the car, took one of her legs off - stuffed this in his canoe on the roof and her other leg and arse came in the car with me and the kids.  Leggy Peggy shared the main bedroom in the caravan we were staying in with my friend who had popped in for a visit, much to her amusement as she's a Debenhams kind of girl.




Leggy Peggy loves her new home, and came to life when I sprayed her gold - she changes pants from time to time.  She's partial to polka dots, leopard print, the odd French knicker and NEVER sports a thong *shudders*.


Peggy is waiting on the arrival of her friend - Headless Edna - who currently resides in sunny Cleethorpes, and is being cared for by my Nan, due to arrive sometime this summer.

No comments: