Friday 2 December 2011

Keeping My Head.....

A way back at the end of the summer I attended a lunchtime workshop provided by Artlink.  This crafty lunchtime activity was to make a headpiece or hat or headband.  The workshop was to run over two hours over two weeks, the last one I couldn't make due to work committments.

I hadn't anything particular in mind when I set out to make my headpiece, just something that I would want to wear and would reflect my personality.  I started by covering the base with black felt and building layers of metallic fabric petals.  

I brought the half finished head piece back home where it sat on my dresser for the next few months. With a party coming up and a final touch required to complete my simple outfit I could think of no better reason than a party to finish it - so I set to work and made some bias binding from leopard print satin and finished with freshwater pearl detail.  And....voila....here it is!



The finished piece is to be returned to Artlink where hopefully it will be displayed in one of their wonderful exhibitions.....but before then I thought it rude not to show it off and let it party in style!

xox
   

No comments: